(Scientific Exercise Approach to Scoliosis)
COURSE PART 1 İNFORMATION
İNSTRUCTOR : Michele Romano
COURSE DATE : 8/9/10 November 2019
COURSE LANGUAGE : English
PARTİCİPANT : 16 Physiotherapist
COURSE FEE : 490 Euro +Tax ( course manuels, cafe break and snack )
CERTIFICATE : İSİCO İnstitute https://isico.it
LOCATION : Sportomed Skolyoz Kliniği , Bağdat cd. Dipşar apt. NO:471 Suadiye/İSTANBUL
ORGANİZATION : PT. Kadriye ŞAHİN YORGUN ( Sportomed ,Fulya 0 545 8859608 )
PT. Serpil KANIGÜR (Sportomed ,Suadiye 0 532 5732536 )
CONTACT FOR REGİSTRATION : Göksel SAYINER 0 531 695 09 71
0 216 372 49 25
Mail : email@example.com
APPLİCATION DEADLİNE : 30.06.2019
İNFORMATION : Attention of participants from abroad, the course is located on the asian side and SABİHA GÖKÇEN airpot is the nearest.,We would suggest Suadiye hotel for accomodation. Please inform us by email after payment.For any question you can contact with us without hesitation.
Full name Michele Romano
Profession Physical Therapist
Actual professional positions National Rehabilitation Director of ISICO (Italian Scientific Spine Institute) – Milan.
Short biographical notes 1985 Bachelor of Physical Therapist 2011 Master of Rehabilitation Science
1986-1985 Freelance Physical Therapist
1999-2001 Responsible of Physical therapists in the Orthopaedic Section of the Rehabilitation Unit of the Care & Research Institute Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation
2000 Responsible of Physical therapist school of Care & Research Institute Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation
2002-2003 Responsible of Physical therapists of External Rehabilitation Service of Care & Research Institute Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation
Since 1997 teaches continuously in Educational courses (2-5 per year) for physicians, physiotherapists, orthotists, trainers
– Active Member of the international Society On Spinal Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment (SOSORT)
– Member of the Scientific Secretariat of the Italian Study Group on Scoliosis and Spinal Diseases (GSS)
72 oral presentation in national and international meetings Peer reviewer of “Scienza Riabilitativa” and “Scoliosis”
Award received – Sofamor Danek Paper and Poster Awards 1999: Posters Honourable Mention. 26th Annual Meeting of the International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS). Romano M, Negrini S, Sibilla P. The back pain board game: a new educational tool.
– Dalla magia alla scienza: evoluzione del trattamento del mal di schiena nella storia della medicina – 1st S.I.R.E.R. Meeting – Milan 26-29 october 1995
Medline published papers 21
Educational courses 65
Book chapters 8
Some Medline papers and last Educational courses – Forces exerted during exercises by patient with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis wearing fibreglass braces – Scoliosis 2006 Jul 21;1(1):12
– Manual therapy as a conservative treatment for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: a systematic review- Scoliosis 2008, 3:2
– Exercises reduce the progression rate of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: results
of a comprehensive systematic review of the literature. Disabil Rehabil. 2008;30(10):772-85.
– Scientific Exercises Approach to Scoliosis (SEAS): Efficacy, Efficiency and Innovation. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2008;135:191-207scoliosis: a systematic review- Scoliosis 2008, 3:2
– Braces for Idiopathic Scoliosis in Adolescents Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010 Jan 20;(1):CD006850. Review
– SpineCor, exercise and SPoRT rigid brace: what is the best for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis? Short term results from 2 retrospective studies. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2012;176:361-4.
– Bracing does not change the sport habits of patients. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2012;176:437-40.
– Exercises for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev.
2012 Aug 15;8:CD007837. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD007837. Review
– Physiotherapeutic scoliosis-specific exercises for adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis. Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2014 Feb;50(1):111-21. Epub 2014 Feb
– SEAS (Scientific Exercises Approach to Scoliosis): a modern and effective evidence based approach to physiotherapic specific scoliosis exercises. Scoliosis. 2015 Feb 5;10:3. doi: 10.1186/s13013-014-0027-2. eCollection 2015.
• 40 Educational courses Approccio SEAS all over the world until today starting from 2011
SEAS – Level 1 Program
SEAS Accreditation (SA): recognized for people who attended the first level course, and passed the final exam. The course lasts three days. The accreditation expires after 5 years. It can be renewed attending the SAA level course, or attending a refresher course of 1 day concluding with an examination.
The Course includes the Basic teachment of the SEAS approach:
• Module name: SEAS approach – basic concepts
• Duration: 6 hrs
• Content : The principles of SEAS are based on a specific form of auto-correction (termed active self-correction), that is taught individually to each single patient, and then associated with stabilizing exercises which include neuromotor control, proprioceptive training and balance.
• Module name: SEAS clinical assessment
• Duration: 2 hrs
• Content : Correct assessment of a scoliotic patient by means of X-rays and functional evaluations
• Module name: Active Self Correction I
• Duration: 6 hrs
• Content : Teaching of the Active Self Correction in the 3 planes (coronal, horizontal and sagittal) according to the previous evaluation and assessment of the patient.
• Module name: Active self correction II
• Duration: 2 hrs
• Content : Additional issue for the correct choice of the Active Self Correction; cognitive-behavioural approach towards the patient and his family to maximize compliance to treatment
• Module name: SEAS exercises
• Duration: 4 hrs
• Content : Choice of the exercises according to the previous assessments
• Module name: Clinical Cases
• Duration: 4 hrs
• Content : Practical evaluation and choice of the exercises with real patients, present at the course.